Sabtu, Mei 13, 2006

Gmail contact pictures and chat sound

Google’s launched a couple of new Gmail features: contact photos and Google chat sound notifications.

They’re slowly rolling this out across accounts (I’m not seeing it yet), but when it’s enabled, you can upload a picture of yourself to your Google account, suggest a contact photo for yourself to your friends, and assign photos to your contacts. This feels a bit Friendstery to me, but I have photos of my close friends and family show up on my phone when they call, and it’s a much more helpful quick visual cue to see who’s calling than I thought. I imagine this would work the same way. Also, there’s a new Flash component to Gmail that will emit a sound when someone chats you up on Google Talk and it’s buried in a background tab.

~source: lifehacker

Related post: , , , ,

Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan